With Craft Prototype, it's possible to link artboards that exist on separate pages in the same Sketch file. This is particularly helpful if you need to link from a layer within a master symbol on a symbols page.
Note: To learn more about creating hotspots specifically on symbol layers, check out this article: In Craft Prototype, can I create a hotspot on a symbol layer?
To link artboards on separate pages:
- In your Sketch file, select a group or layer.
- To start an interaction, use the keyboard shortcut K.
- At the top of the page, click Artboard.
- In the first drop-down, select Link to a screen or Link as Overlay.
- In the second drop-down, select the destination artboard.
- In the third drop-down, select a Gesture.
- If appropriate for your design, select the Maintain scroll position after click checkbox.
- Click Add Link.
When the destination artboard is on a separate page, you'll see a small blue arrow icon () indicating the group or layer that you are linking from. If the originating and destination artboards are on the same page, you'll instead notice a blue line connecting the two.