In Craft Prototype, you can create a hotspot from a layer within a master symbol to any artboard in your file—even if that artboard is on a different page than the master symbol.
To create a hotspot from a layer within master symbol:
- In your Sketch file, select the desired symbol layer.
- To start an interaction, use the keyboard shortcut K.
- At the top of the page, click Artboard.
Note: Depending on your needs, you can also choose from Link Back/Close or External URL.
- In the first drop-down, select either Link to a screen or Link as Overlay.
- In the second drop-down, select the desired artboard.
- In the third drop-down, select a Gesture.
- If desired, select the Maintain scroll position after click checkbox.
- Click Add Link.
The master symbol layer will then be denoted with a small blue arrow icon (), indicating that it is a hotspot. Anywhere that symbol layer is used on the same page as the destination screen, you will notice a purple arrow drawn to the destination screen.
Note: Hotspots are applied to all instances of the symbol—even those with overrides. Currently, there is not a way to disable this.