The InVision Android app—available as a public beta release—allows you to easily view and share prototypes, right from your mobile device. Enjoy a faster, higher-fidelity experience.
Installing the app
To get started with the InVision Android app, you'll need to download the InVision Android app from the Google Play Store. Your device must be on Android 6.0 or later.
To sign in to the InVision Android app on your device:
- Open the app and tap Sign In.
- Enter your email address and tap Next.
- Type your password and tap Sign In.
Note: If you have multiple accounts, tap the appropriate account to complete the sign-in process.
The InVision Android app also supports SSO for Enterprise accounts. If you are a Private Cloud user, check out the knowledge base article Accessing a Private Cloud instance via the InVision Android App.
After signing in to your account, you will be taken to the Documents home screen. This screen displays a list of all prototypes and freehands.
The prototypes are ordered according to what’s been updated most recently. To search for a specific prototype, tap the search icon () at the top right of the Documents home screen.
Note: Sample prototypes will not appear in the list of prototypes.
Navigate through your prototype by either swiping left and right, or tapping hotspots. If you tap on a screen in an area without a hotspot, you’ll be able to view hotspot areas.
To share a prototype from your Android device,
- Go to the Documents home screen and find your desired prototype.
- To the right of the prototype, click the share icon ().
- Tap the corresponding option to share your Freehand via SMS or Email address, or tap Copy share link to send a public link via your preferred method.
To exit a prototype you’re viewing, long press anywhere on the screen without a hotspot to pull up the prototype menu.
To return to the Documents home screen, tap Exit prototype. If you just want to all screens in the current prototype, tap Back to all screens.
Mirroring Studio prototypes
To mirror a Studio prototype from your Android device:
- Ensure that your Android device and your computer are connected to the same wifi network.
- In the Studio toolbar, click the sync icon () and click the Mirror tab. This will generate a unique QR code.
- In the footer of the InVision Android app, tap the QR scanner icon ().
Note: if this is your first time opening the QR scanner, you will need to allow InVision to access your camera.
- Scan the QR code displayed in Studio. This will automatically mirror the prototype to your device.
To stop mirroring the prototype from within Studio, at the bottom of the Studio sync dialog, hover over the green dot next to your device name and click the X that’s revealed.
To access your account, tap the avatar at the bottom right of the app. On the account page, you can get help or support, leave feedback, and sign out.
Note: All of your prototypes are removed when you sign out , so you won’t be able to view them offline.
Frequently asked questions
Is Freehand available on my Android device?
Yes, it is possible to create, view, and edit freehands from the InVision Android app. To learn more, check out the knowledge base article Freehand for Android.
Can I view boards or comment on a project, similar to the iOS app?
These options are not yet available on Android, but our team is working to add features like these in the coming months. Please contact us if you'd like to request that these or other features be considered in the future.