The Tours feature lets you walk your users through your prototype—even when you’re not there to speak for yourself. When you're ready to show your viewers a Tour, just share the prototype like you usually do. They'll be able to reply to your Tour Point directly, just like a regular comment, so conversations stay in context.
What can Tours be used for?
- To walk people through an entire experience, and focus attention on key elements
- To provide design rationale
- To call out specific details for targeted feedback (a great way to say “Help, please” to your copywriter)
- To highlight updates you made based on previous feedback
- To present designs or iterations that aren’t ready for, or don’t need a full prototype
- Quick This or That tests: “Which do you like better? This one or that one?”
To create a Tour, go into Comment mode, click to create a comment, and choose Tour Point as your comment type.
Tour Point comments are visible as blue comment markers in Comment Mode, living alongside all of our other comments. Others can reply to your Tour Point directly, just like a regular comment, so conversations stay in context. Tour Points are also displayed on Share Links outside of Comment Mode.
To edit a Tour Point, go into Comment mode, click the Tour Point, and type a number value. This will edit the sort order on that screen.
SHARING YOUR TOUR
A Few Notes: Currently, there is not a setting to turn Tour Point visibility off for a Share Link without turning visibility of all Comments off.
To reset flashing for your Tour Points, clear your cookies on your browser - include local data when clearing browser data and the flashing should reset. Please note that this feature uses local storage, not cookies. In some browsers, that means you may need to check an additional item when clearing browser data to ensure this gets cleared.
For now, you cannot notify anyone of a new Tour Point, however, replies to an existing Tour Point allow you to set notification settings.
In order to see the Previous and Next buttons on your Tour, you must view your Tour via a Share URL.