Customers of InVision’s Private Cloud offering can access application logs for their private instance.
In order to obtain access to logs, customers will need to provide InVision with an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Account Resource Number (ARN). Log files will available only to the AWS user specified by the customer.
Customers may provide the ARN number for an existing AWS user, or create a new user for the sole purpose of consuming InVision log files.
Consuming InVision Private Cloud logs
InVision Private Cloud logs are delivered in raw format to the ARN user account provided. Customer’s using can monitor and store their logs through this service (at their own expense).
Steps to create a new AWS user
- Sign in to an existing AWS account or create a new account at https://aws.amazon.com
- Navigate to the user management tab at https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam/home#/users
- Select the option to add a new user.
- Enter a user name and provide programatic access.
- Provide the new user with ReadOnlyAccess permissions.
- Create the new user.
- The ARN number for the newly created user will then be displayed.