We are improving InVision by squashing bugs and releasing new features every day. Here's an account of what we've accomplished this month.
Checkout / Billing Updates:
Our billing page is now responsive for you on smaller screens. We’ve also added some more questions to ensure when signing up for our enterprise plan you get a more personalized experience.
Platform Stability & Security:
- Mobile redirects: We fixed a bug in our Desktop-to-Mobile redirect in which you were being sent to a page that didn’t exist.
- Cookies on share links: We fixed a bug in the Share experience in which the Cookie definitions being sent to the client were missing HTTP Only and Secure flags.
- Spam prevention via Share: We put a limit on the length of the custom message that can be sent in a Share email in an effort to deter malicious users from using Share emails as a SPAM vector.
- Rate-limit restrictions: We tightened our rate-limit restrictions to help prevent malicious users from having a negative impact on our infrastructure.
- LiveShare Photoshop Plugin deprecated: We removed all references to LiveShare Photoshop, which has been sunset.
UserTesting Experience Updates:
You’ll find example test video links throughout the UserTesting integration so it's clearer what to expect from your test results. In addition, we’ve polished up a few other user experience elements such as the layout to make it easier to create tests from and for different device types.
- Comment list rendering: We fixed an issue in Safari where @mention names and comments were rendered on top of each other.
- Comment resolution email: We fixed a bug where the proper set of people were not being notified when a comment was resolved.
- Navigating comments: We fixed a bug that would close Inbox if you clicked on a different comment without saving your reply.
InVision for Slack:
- Slack Sketch file notifications: Sketch files weren’t syncing correctly with InVision for Slack, causing only some of your prototype updates to be pushed to a synced Slack channel. All updates to Sketch files are now communicating appropriately with Slack via InVision Sync, Selective Sync, and File Sync.
- LiveShare linking: Opening a LiveShare link from Projects no longer sends you to the wrong LiveShare.
Prototype Editor & Share View:
- Share link destination screen: Fixed an issue where share links to specific screens were failing to load.
- Hotspot link failure on Windows devices: Fixed an issue on Windows 7 and 8.1 with Internet Explorer 11, hotspots and pagination weren’t working.
- Screen cutoff in preview mode: Fixed an issue in prototypes with a fixed header, the bottom portion of a screen image disappeared if the console toolbar was hidden.
- Mobile prototype overlays disappearing: Fixed an issue in the bottom edge of mobile or tablet where overlays would disappear in preview mode.
- Nested overlay positioning: Fixed an issue where nested overlays would appear in relation to the screen size versus the position of overlay A.
- Ordering of screens between overview page and preview: Fixed an issue where screens were being re-ordered from the screens tab into preview mode, when the expectation was that screens would be ordered based on the sort order in screens tab.
- Screens not centered in Preview Mode: On a 13” Macbook Pro, screens were fixing to the top left corner of the browser instead of being centered. We re-aligned everything to the middle.
- Large retina screens repeating: We resolved an issue where large retina images rendered on non-retina displays would repeat content at the bottom of their screen in Preview Mode.
- Interaction icons matching animations: Fixed an inconsistency where the Push Left icon would actually have a prototype slide left.
- LiveShare link not working: Fixed an issue where clicking the LiveShare link would open an incorrect URL.
- Long account names: Longer Enterprise names no longer break the share link modal UI when the “Require Share Link Authentication” setting is set to true.
- Opening Share Links: To resolve a security concern, InVision share links no longer automatically open in InVision Viewer for iOS.
Craft Sync supports Private Cloud and SSO Sign-in:
Private Cloud users are now able to sign in via Craft Sync. We have also added support for SSO.
Inspect Now Available for Photoshop Files Synced via Craft Sync:
Photoshop fans rejoice! Inspect now fully supports Photoshop documents. Read the full announcement here.
- Unsplash crashing Sketch: Creating new categories sometimes caused Sketch to crash
- Empty Spaces in Data: Extra space was added to your data when pulling data from a data source.
- Sketch crashed when loading photo: Loading photos from web caused Sketch to crash
- Placing photos crashed Sketch: When in path editing mode, your attempts to place a photo crashed Sketch.
- Selecting group in Photos didn’t trigger notification: When selecting a group in Photos it should prompt you to select a layer to proceed.
- Images linked to JSON URL didn’t display correctly: All images now display correctly when the image is linked to an external JSON URL.
- JSON issue: Fixed issue where JSON files would fail after removing the initial document from Data plug-in.
- Duplicate displayed 1st entry twice: Duplicating with preserve order enabled left your 1st entry showing twice, rather than starting from the 2nd entry
- Inconsistent Duplicate behavior: Duplicating with Unsplash resulted in an inconsistency in the duplicate behavior, getting the same images depending on the alignment of their action.
- Duplicate plugin ignored selected color theme: Your selected color theme in Photoshop was not taken into account, and medium gray was used instead.
- Duplicating DATA elements didn’t load new data: When you duplicated data elements, sometimes they didn’t generate new data if the selection had any static, non-data elements.
- Duplicate not incrementing numbers properly: Images duplicated from API or JSON would repeat the first number, rather than increment by 1.
- Libraries fail to load or import: Setting file names with a line separator Unicode character would prevent the library from importing.
- Moving groups revert names: Moving groups to a different category resulted in a group name of “Untitled Group”, and also renamed their other groups.
- Symbols and non-symbols behave differently: Replacing items in your library behaves differently and replaces for non-symbols but duplicates symbols. Both should now replace.
- Library text styles not displaying details: An update caused Library Text Styles to no longer display text style details as it previously did.
- Scrolling issue to bottom of list: Scrolling to the bottom of a Library list didn’t work.
- Sketch browse all versions expands panel: Fixed an issue where selecting Sketch’s “Browse all versions” would sometimes cause the bottom of library panel to become inaccessible.
- Can’t abort “Create New Library”: You were unable to cancel creating a new library and go back to your previously created library if it existed.
- Nested symbols don’t show properly: Fixed an issue where Libraries with nested symbols would show “Symbol Missing”.
- Import Library button cropped: Default height of Library panel was too short, causing the import button to not be fully visible.
- Sync Styles hidden: When Library was at default height, the Sync Styles button was not visible.
- Document icons not working: Fixed an issue where Document’s icons wouldn’t trigger their actions.
- Application signing: We’ve updated application signing to be more reliable.
- Crashes and bugs: Several miscellaneous issues were resolved. Things should be running smoothly.
- Photoshop Sync reliability: We fixed an issue when syncing in Photoshop that prevented Inspect from working.