Before you start
Here are some things to note before getting started:
- This article does not apply to Private Cloud instances of InVision. That said, if you need to transfer a prototype to or from a Private Cloud instance, please contact InVision Support. Prototype migrations for Private Cloud do not include comments, history, share links, or collaborators.
- You must be at least a contributor in the Enterprise you are transferring to.
- All collaborators who should continue to access this prototype must be at least reviewers in the Enterprise account before transferring. Otherwise, they will be removed as collaborators upon transfer.
- Existing public share links will continue to work unless they are revoked.
- Studio prototypes cannot be transferred.
- It is not currently possible to transfer prototypes between V6 and V7.
Personal to Enterprise
You must ensure that all collaborators who should continue to access the prototype are at least reviewers in your Enterprise before transferring to your Enterprise account. Otherwise, they will get removed as collaborators upon transfer.
To transfer a prototype to your V6 Enterprise:
- Sign in to your personal account (i.e. in projects.invisionapp.com).
- Navigate to the Projects page and open your prototype.
- Click the ••• (more) icon, and then click Transfer Ownership.
- Click the drop-down and select your Enterprise account.
- Click Yes, Transfer Prototype.
After transferring the prototype, you can sign in to your Enterprise account and open the prototype.
To invite or remove teams and collaborators, navigate to the top right of the page and click the green Share button. Currently, you must do this for each prototype you wish to transfer. There isn't a way to bulk assign prototypes to specific collaborators or teams.
Enterprise to Personal or Enterprise to Enterprise
To have your prototypes migrated from an Enterprise account, please contact InVision Support.
Here are a few important notes regarding prototype migrations:
- All share links previously shared will continue to work.
- All hotspots, comments, screens, templates, and assets will be retained.
- Any email notifications received prior to migration cannot be replied to. Once the migration has occurred, people can reply to new email notifications without any issues.