We are disabling LiveShare in mid-January 2018. Please see our announcement for the full details.
LiveShare is one of InVision's in-browser collaboration tools- a real-time presentation and collaboration tool. During a LiveShare presentation, every member of a LiveShare has their own pointer and name tag, so there’s no more guessing about which part of the design someone else is talking about. Since LiveShare happens in-browser, everyone sees the design at full resolution and quality. To make things even easier, you can VOIP chat live in-browser, or call in to a special conference line made just for you.
With LiveShare, the presenter controls the meeting, meaning that other members of the meeting can't skip ahead. You can also use LiveShare to sketch your ideas out on top of the design you’re reviewing, or jump into the new whiteboard mode for a clean slate. Comments are a great way to capture notes during a meeting, and anyone can add them at any point during a LiveShare meeting.
Starting a LiveShare Presentation
To start a LiveShare presentation:
- Go to your prototype.
- Click the LiveShare button at the top right.
- A new tab or window will open for your LiveShare.
Inviting People to a LiveShare Presentation
To add people to your LiveShare presentation:
- Click the person icon on the right toolbar.
- A link will be generated. Share this link so people can join.
Connecting Audio in your LiveShare Presentation
To allow communication during the LiveShare:
- Click the phone icon in the right toolbar.
- Toggle the setting to allow participants to call in to a private chat room via Internet or a toll-free number.
From here, participants can connect via their computers or by phone.
Alternatively, go to the bottom left of your LiveShare presentation to open the Group Chat functionality.
Sketching and Whiteboarding in LiveShare
With LiveShare, you can draw directly on your designs! To start sketching:
- Click the pencil icon on the right toolbar, then begin sketching.
- Once you're finished, you can use the buttons at the top right of the screen:
- Click the envelope icon to email your sketch.
- Click the back arrow to undo a sketch.
- Click X Clear My Sketch to start over.
- If you're ready to sketch on a larger, blank canvas, click Whiteboard at the top of your screen.
- Toggle back to Screen once you're finished.
Handing off Presentation Access in a LiveShare
Handoff presentation controls to another by hovering over someone's avatar in the right toolbar, then toggling next to the presenter control message.