- 05 Jan 2023
- 1 Minute to read
SCIM: Why can't I see the authentication token in my InVision V7 SCIM settings?
- Updated on 05 Jan 2023
- 1 Minute to read
This article provides answers for InVision V7. Not sure which version you're using? Find out now.
The authentication token InVision provides for SCIM is displayed only once—when an Enterprise owner or admin initially enables SCIM provisioning. If an owner or admin opens the SCIM settings in InVision again later, the token will be hidden to further protect the security of your account.
An owner or admin can easily generate a new authentication token; however, generating a new token will cause the previous token to expire.
Generating a new authentication token
To generate a new SCIM authentication token:
- Sign in to your InVision V7 Enterprise here:
- In the lower-left corner, click the expandable team tray, and then click Settings.
- Scroll down and click User provisioning with SCIM.
- Below the Authentication token field, click the I want to generate a new token checkbox.
- Click Generate token.
- Click Done.
Since the authorization token is only displayed while completing the steps above, remember to copy the token and immediately update the API Token field in your Okta Admin settings.
Updating the API Token in Okta
To update the API token in Okta:
- Sign in to Okta, click the Admin button, click Applications in the main navigation, and click the InVision V7 link.
- Click the Provisioning tab, and then click the Integration sub-tab in the left panel.
- To the right of the Integration heading, click Edit.
- In the API Token field, paste the authentication token you copied from InVision.
- Click Test API Credentials.
If the test is successful, you will see a verification message just above the Enable API integration checkbox.
- Click Save.
Learning more about SCIM provisioning for InVision V7
To learn more about SCIM provisioning for InVision V7, see these related articles: