- 06 Sep 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
InVision V7 app for Slack
- Updated on 06 Sep 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
This article provides answers for InVision V7
To confirm your version, check the upper right corner of your dashboard. On V6? Read this article instead.
Install the InVision app in Slack
To install the InVision app in Slack and connect your InVision account:
- Open Slack.
- Go to the Apps section > Add apps.
- Search for the InVision app and click on it. The InVision app channel opens.
- Select Connect to InVision . Your browser opens the InVision sign-in page.
- Sign in to your InVision account.
You can also install the InVision app from the Slack’s App Directory. Locate the InVision app in Slack's App Directory, click Add to Slack, and follow the prompts to authorize the app to connect to your Slack workspace and sign in to your InVision account.
Once installed, you will see a confirmation message in Slack letting you know that the InVision app is installed and you’ll start receiving notifications.
Receive notification from multiple InVision accounts in Slack
After installing the InVision app in Slack, you can connect multiple InVision accounts to it. If you have several InVision accounts associated with different email addresses, this will allow you to follow the conversations happening in all of them.
To connect multiple InVision accounts:
- Open Slack.
- Go to the Apps section > InVision.
- Select the Home tab.
- In the section Your connected accounts, select Connect. Your browser opens the InVision sign-in page.
- Sign in to the InVision account you would like to connect.
If you're signed in to an InVision account already connected to Slack, select Switch at the top of the list of teams to sign in to a different account.
All your InVision accounts connected to Slack will appear in the Home tab of the InVision app in Slack.
Which actions trigger a Slack notification?
Once you install the InVision app in Slack, the app notifies you when someone:
- Comments on a freehand or prototype you created
- Replies to a comment thread you’re in
- Mentions you in a comment
- Mentions you in a freehand, including in text, sticky notes, and pages
- Invites you to a freehand or prototype
- Adds you as assignee to a card in Freehand
- Requests access to a document
- Grants your request for access to a document
To review these notifications in Slack, go to the Apps sections and locate the InVision app channel. Select View comment to view the comment in your InVision document.
Stop receiving InVision notifications in Slack
There are different options to stop receiving InVision notifications in Slack:
- Disconnect your InVision account from Slack. Go to the Apps section > InVision > Home tab, and select Disconnect next to the InVision account you want to disconnect.
- Mute the InVision channel by following the steps in this article.
- Your Workspace Owners will be able to remove the app from your workspace. They will need to follow these steps.
When I try to authorize InVision to post to Slack, I get this message: "Your team's settings don't allow authorizing third party apps." Why?
Slack team owners (and others you choose) can control which apps are available to members by creating a list of approved apps that the team can use to get work done. If an app isn’t listed in the team’s custom app directory, members can send a request to install it. For more information, read Slack's documentation.
When I try to add the InVision V7 app to Slack, I get this error message: "Page not found" after signing in to my account. Why?
You may receive this error message if you're trying to sign in to an InVision V6 account. It's not possible to sign in to the InVision V7 app with an InVision V6 account. If you're trying to sign in to an InVision V7 account and still encounter this trouble,please contact our Support team.
If you're using InVision V6, see this article instead: How do I integrate Slack with InVision V6?