- 23 Jan 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 23 Jan 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
In Freehand, you have the option to start a presentation or gather others to follow your screen for quick collaboration.
Before you start
Here are some things to note before you start presenting:
- Presenting a freehand allows others to see it from your perspective. If you are presenting, anyone viewing the freehand will follow the actions you take.
- Only users with edit permissions can start and lead a presentation.
- Once you start a presentation and navigate through your freehand, everyone’s screen moves with yours.
- When you enter a freehand while someone else is presenting, you follow the presenter’s screen.
- Outside of a presentation, you can independently follow a specific collaborator's actions by navigating to the top-right corner of the page and selecting their avatar. To stop following a collaborator, select their avatar again.
- When you’re following a collaborator’s actions, you can select Present to take over as presenter at any time.
- Presenters and followers with edit permissions can continue to make edits to the freehand while in Present mode, but they won’t be able to create new elements in the freehand.
- Actions taken in embedded content aren't viewed by other users in the presentation, and only the user interacting with the embedded content views this interaction.
Start a presentation
To start a presentation in Freehand:
- Open the Freehand you want to present.
- Optionally, select the frame you want to use for the start of the presentation. If you don’t select a frame, the presentation begins with the farthest-left frame on your screen.
To learn how to create a frame, read this article: Frames and Walkthroughs in Freehand.
- In the upper-right corner, select Present and then select one of the following options:
- Walk through frames: Start a presentation and guide users through a focused view of your frames.
- Follow my canvas view: Lead others around your view of the canvas for quick collaboration.
- Use your keyboard arrow keys to navigate through the frames.
- When you’re finished presenting, select End Presentation in the upper-right corner or use the keyboard shortcut
Follow a presentation
When a person starts presenting a freehand, your screen follows their view. Here are some actions you can perform while a person is presenting a freehand:
- Catch up to a presenter: If you navigate through the freehand on your screen and want to return to the presenter's view, select the presenter’s avatar on the right side of the freehand.
- Stop following a presentation: Select Leave Presentation in the upper-right corner or use the keyboard shortcut
- Rejoin a presentation: In the popup message below the Present button, select Join to follow the presenter.
- Switch presenter: During a presentation, the presenter can select Switch presenter in the upper-right corner to pass the presenter role to another user. Followers in the presentation can select Become presenter in the upper-right corner of the screen to take over as presenter.
- React to a presentation: During a presentation, you can use the clap icon () at the bottom left corner of the screen to add a live reaction. All participants in the presentation will see a confetti effect on the bottom left corner of their screens.