- 23 Jan 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Create a poll in Freehand
- Updated on 23 Jan 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Use the Poll add-on to create interactive polls with two-plus options. Looking to choose a team bonding activity? Vote on a design? Create a poll to get the answers you need.
If you only have two answer options, consider using the This or That add-on instead.
Add a poll to your freehand
You'll first insert the poll into your freehand.
- Open the freehand you wish to create a poll in.
- On the toolbar, click ••• More tools.
- Scroll or search in the menu to find and select Poll.
- Click on the canvas where you want to insert the poll
A placeholder version of the poll appears where you clicked.
Edit the poll
Edit the placeholder poll for your situation.
- Click into the poll where it says What do you want to ask? Delete this placeholder question.
- Enter your new question.
- Click into an answer option and delete the placeholder text.
- Enter the new answer option.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the second answer option.
To add more answer options, click the + that appears underneath all the answer options. Edit each option accordingly.
To delete an answer option, click the X in the answer option. You can't delete the first two answer options.
Publish the poll
Once published, you can't edit or change the answer options. When you're ready to collect answers to the poll, click Publish.
Everyone who visits the freehand can see the poll and cast their vote. Everyone who votes will see live results.
Close the poll
To close a poll, anyone can click Close poll. A closed poll can't accept more votes.
Send collaborators directly to the poll
When someone joins a freehand, you can ensure they're directed right to your poll or other add-on by using its deep link. A deep link is a link that goes directly to a specific element.
- Click the poll.
- In the contextual menu, click ••• More > Copy link.
- Share the link.
When someone follows a deep link, their canvas will zoom in and focus on the poll when they visit the freehand.